The Student News Site of Island Trees High School

The Bulldog

The Bulldog

The Bulldog

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

What is Day of the Dead?

What is Day of the Dead?

On Day of the Dead, people use marigolds to commemorate their deceased relatives and express their longing for them, along with candles and skulls that are placed at their graves. The main purpose of this is to express longing for their deceased relatives, but to also feel that their relatives are happy when they pass away. 

In the video, it is shown that the girl gave something to her deceased relative but shed tears because of sadness. Then, in front of the tombstone, a flower grew. She fell into the grave and dreamed about her deceased relatives. They were all very kind to the little girl. In the dream, the place where her relatives lived was very colorful, as if to tell the little girl that they were present. They were living a good life and told her not to worry. Finally, when she woke up from the dream, the little girl understood that they were living a good life and she should not be sad anymore. 

I don’t think people can be resurrected, but we can tell them in other ways that we will always remember them and let deceased loved ones know that even after they die, there will still be people who remember them. This video helps to explain the underlying meaning of Day of the Dead.